The Master of Divinity degree is a 90 semester credit hour general theological program most often expected of those in roles of Christian leadership. It provides a broad foundation of both theoretical and practical Christian knowledge for pastors, missionaries, evangelists, denominational workers, parachurch leaders, chaplains, and ministers of education.
Its balance of biblical, theological, historical, and practical studies makes the Master of Divinity degree ideal for those whose calling may require a wide variety of knowledge and skills.
Applicants desiring entrance into the Master of Divinity program requires satisfactory completion of a Bachelor degree or its equivalent with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 point scale).
- Complete Application Form;
- Submit the application with the $100.00 application fee; and
- Request official transcripts from each institution attended be sent directly to ALIS.
American Leadership Institute & Seminary
54 Blowing Rock
Dawsonville, Georgia 30534
This program provides the student with the ability to do the following:
- Discuss the meaning of Scripture and the heritage of the evangelical Christian Church.
- Explain and evaluate a theory of ministry that is relevant to the vocation of the student;
- Communicate biblical/theological truths through preaching, teaching, writing, or in such other ways as may be appropriate;
- Evaluate various forms of ministry;
- Evaluate people and situations accurately and sympathetically;
- Lead in both the planning and conduct of corporate worship and ministry;
- Give guidance where needed, counsel people experiencing personal crisis, or make appropriate referrals to other sources of professional help;
- Lead a body of believers in the definition and accomplishment of its purpose.
For detailed information on the degree requirements see below.
- Graduation Requirements
- Cost of Attendance
Earn your Master of Divinity degree on-campus, online , or both. You will study God’s Word, leadership, and improve your analytical skills. Your classes are taught by professional instructors with real-world experience in the subjects they teach. The faculty members are here to assist you with achieving your goal of earning a degree.
If you would like to speak with an admissions counselor email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.